3 million naira or my 3 years girlfriend

23:42




Copyright
©2017  by Olanipekun John( dandywriter)
johnolanipekun112@gmail.com
No part of this story may be reproduced by any
means without the prior permission by the
author. Anyone who wishes to repost this story
to any other online forum, Facebook group, blog
or any other website should endeavour to
acknowledge the author's identity and kindly
notify the author by sending him a mail.

The characters in this story are not related to the author nor anybody whether alive or dead..it is just a figment of the author's imagination

Kindly subscribe on this blog to follow this story
And like our Facebook page here
You can also follow the author on Twitter here


1

My name is Julius shita, yes, I don't like the surname too, especially when your friends remove the last letter and starts calling you "shit", but well, it is one of those things we don't get to choose, on a good side of twenty,slim and tall to match.. And the most amazing thing that ever happened to me was my girlfriend, before I met her, I lived a boring life, my house was situated at a silent street where the only interesting thing that ever happened is when the electricity company gives us light and shouts of 'Up NEPA" rings the air, apart from that, it is always as silent as a graveyard. 

School gave me a solace to my depressive state of mind, I met more people, made more friends and attended more parties, but I still fet a yearning desire in my heart for some kinda companion, of the opposite gender, though I am handsome in my own right, the few girls I professed love to, always came up with the 'I am already in a relationship" stance, and I began to wonder if all girls are not already engaged from birth.. Not that I don't have many female friends though or some crushers secretly admiring me, but these girls do not just fit the specifications of the dream girlfriend I was looking for..and the ones who fit perfectly? They are always in one relationship or the other....

I was in this love cycle, until I met Princess, and my life took an interesting turnaround..

it was a new session, and a season of parties too as different organizations were setting up different parties and programmes for the freshmen to initiate them into the system of the school, as a fan of parties, I had my hands full of them and I attended the ones I could in my free time, but of all the parties in school, the Dramatic Arts Freshers party is always the best, most interesting and entertaining event,the party boasts of the highest number of the creme de la creme, and celebrities of the school, it was a general knowledge that if you are a singer in school and you haven't performed here, then you are not relevant. The organizers of this show are aware of this and every year, they up the price of the gate fee, last year it was a thousand naira, this year, it was increased by 100%. people complained but the organizers didn't budge because they know that at the end of the day, the hall will still get full and it did.

In our fiine t-shirts, trousers and sneakers to match, and covered in the scent and aura of our perfume, I and my roommates Shola and Kay went to the party and I promised myself that I will enjoy the night to the fullest cos the party fee made a very significant reduction in my little pocket money.

Our plan was definite, we go to the party, collect food two times, drink, dance and  most importantly collect 3 different girls numbers each, we agreed amongst ourselves that if we didnt get the numbers, the night would have been a waste.

The party started successfully with the usual red carpet glamour, and the renditions of upcoming artistes, games and all those pretty nice stuffs that happens at parties, it was during the rap battle, while we were sitting on white plastic chairs and nursing our drinks that Kay pointed at the far end of the hall.
"guys, look at that chick over there! Damn! The girl is hot!"
 "and she looks rich too! She is gonna be a good catch" said Shola who is always on the lookout for gold girls to dig.
I turned my head and followed the direction of their eyes and spotted the girl that was being hyped, the girl was tall of about 5.8 inches, her hair was adorned with multi colored attachments, on her hands were golden bracelets, she wore a crop top on which GUCCI was plainly written in block lines and a blue designer jeans, which I guess my 2 years pocket money will never purchase.. She would have been a beautiful lady if not for the "know it all" look on her face and the chewing gum she was chewing unabashedly. I don't like her and I made my opinion known to my friends.
"the girl looks like a spoilt kid, or even a prostitute, you will be involving yourself in a whole lot of trouble if you try to get her" I said.
"oh, shut up, how do you know that? Keep judging girls, that is why you don't have a girlfriend... " Kay said but I was not listening to him anymore because in the entrance of the hall where my eyes were glued was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen..

It looks as if life itself was paused and the girl and I were the only living things in the hall, now, this girl may not win the miss world pageant but she had a blue forget me not eyes and the figure in the blue gown she was wearing set my blood racing, her face was innocently beautiful, not that she was putting on any expensive thing, but no matter what she wore, she will still outshine her peers, her legs would make Nicki Minaj jealous and the way she gracefully walked into the hall will make Angelina Jolie green with envy. I imagined myself holding her tight and looking into her eyes and this imagination led me into a hot sweat.

I was put of my reverie by Shola
"Julius! Julius! Man, what the heck Is wrong with you? What were you thinking? "
"sorry guys I am coming back!" I said and hurriedly made my way to the girl's chair before any other overzealous guy beat me to it.

As I approached her chair, I put on my best smile and I hoped to God in heaven that I was looking my best..
"Hello, I dare say, you are the most beautiful girl in this hall"
"oh thank you " she said and smiled, her voice melodious, her smile attractive!
"make me the happiest guy in this hall, tell me your name" I smiled and sat down beside her.
"Princess, and you are?"
"Julius shitta, but let's forget about the surname " I said and she laughed.. Nice sound I wish to hear over and over again.
"so I am a law student, part 2"
"nice, dramatic arts, freshman" she said
"wow, that is nice but why did you come late to this party?"
"I actually don't feel like coming, but I changed my mind at the twelfth hour "she said smiling
"oh it is nice you are here, cos you are making my night" I said and added a wink to go with it.
"I can as well say that for you too" she said and that literally knocked me off my feet, I felt I was on top of the world.. Cloud 9 or whatever you call it.
Just then the Masters of ceremony announced Dance! Dance! Dance! And the Disc Jockey played

" gentleman " by Ric Hassani..
Hey beautiful.. Tell me what you need.....

"milady please give me this dance" I stood up, and offered my hand.
"sure " she smiled and took my hand...

And that is how our love life started..

Over the years we have shared a lot of interesting events and adventures together, I became a happier jovial guy and my friends noticed the changes, I stopped following them on their "fishing missions" at night, and my approach to life became more gentle, easy and hopeful.
Nevertheless princess did not meet all the requirements of the specifications I had drafted but who cares? When I read the details of the specifications, I believe I must have been high to have set them in the first place.
"only angels or robots could meet these ones" I remembered my friend commenting once when he saw them "better throw these specs outta your mind, it is for kids, that is not how real life works" he had added.. And somehow he had been right.
But that had been 3 years ago, I am presently in my 500 level and princess is in her final year too, both ready and preparing to get out of school and weather
the storm of life..

One sunny afternoon, Shola came into the room bursting "guys! I swear if you see the car I saw parked at our hostel car park! I swear you will bow"
"wow, what is the name of the car!" Kay asked excitedly
"guy, it is the latest Mercedes Benz A class"
They both shouted and swooned, and I wondered which kind of stuff will make two grown men start behaving as Kids like this...
"what is so special about the car? " I asked
" damn! See you, what do you know? Apart from books and princess, you need to get a life bro! " Kay, who just like throwing shades at me said with a shake of his head.
I was thinking of a good clapback when the voice of the Porter came over the P.A as clear as day
"Julius Shitta you are wanted here, Julius Shitta I repeat, your attention is needed"

As I jumped into my clothes and rushed over to the porter's side, I wondered who my visitor is, certainly not my parents, they would have informed me beforehand, or is it uncle Tunde? Or Aunty Beatrice.. I wondered as I made my way to the Porter's Lodge.

***************************************
This story would be posted every two days (Thursdays and Fridays) in a week... The next release would be on Friday...

Always check back for the Recent updates on the story... 
You can subscribe too to receive fresh updates and episodes of the story in your inbox. 

see other stories on the blog

Sharing is Caring... Share

If you enjoyed this article,join thousands of others and get free email updates

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts