The journal of an armed robber (five)

04:35






If you miss any of the previous chapters, you can read them here



Five.


Our mission tonight is clear and simple, we are going to the house of Cheif. George Boswan, the chairman of a big oil company, a big fish in the oil industry, it is his turn to welcome us angels of peace into his abode, yes we bring peace to those that cooperate with us, Cheif Boswan was caught up in an oil scandal recently running into millions of dollars, his case was tried in the court, but after three months of unnecessary adjournment, he was discharged and acquitted by the judge, all thanks to a secret brown envelope delivered to the judge's house but that is none of my concern, he and the judge are just hustling the best way they can, I and my men are just going to his house tonight to collect our share of the oil loot.

We got information that most of this loot are in the Cheif's house, because depositing it in the bank would raise a lot of eyebrows..but who informed us? His son!

We have three types of informant ; those who informed us without knowing we are using their information; those who work for us by giving us informations ; those that want us to work for them.we call these people client

David Boswan the Cheif's son fall into the third category, he want us to work for him , now dealing with the third category client is very dangerous, because some might be undercover police men and women who want to nab us, so we devised safety measures, we never discuss with a client in the hotel or anywhere close to our environment.. We direct the client to a hotel, restaurant, parks etc in another state , and we change venues every time.

Jack is always at the venue before the specified time we arranged with the client to view and observe the client's behaviours , if he suspected foul play, he will inform us and we wouldn't turn up.


Jack stays undercover and never reveal himself whenever we are dealing with a client, because when we finished talking to the client, jack would still tail him or her for some hours to see who the client talked to or where he or she goes after our meeting

We had met david in a club, after the thumbs up from jack that all is well, david struck me as a spoilt and obstinate brat, who loves getting his way every time, he had sounded bittered and angered when he gave us details about the operation " my dad is a very syingy man ; that old fool; he has money but won't show it to his wife and kids" he continued " my pocket money was one million naira monthly before; but now he had reduced it to six hundred thousand naira monthly, how can a big boy like me use that chicken feed for a month ..I will show that man"

"Guy u talk too much, just give us the details of the operation, we don't care about your pocket money" frank had cut him short.

"Yea, the money I want u to come for is five hundred thousand dollars; it is sitting nicely in our house now and in the old man's safe in his room, he is the only one that posses the password to the safe, the safe is connected to an alarm , and pressing the wrong password three times automatically triggers the alarm" he said "but men, we got to talk about the share, it is very important"

"All right, what would the share be?" I asked

"I am not greedy, but I will go for 60/40... I take 60% you take 40%" he said

"Are you joking? How can you take the larger share when you aren't going to work with us? We do it this way..70/30, we take 70..u take 30."  retorted frank

"No.No..that is cheating , I am the owner of the information besides we are talking about my dad for crying out loud , the loss of the money can give him heart attack, thereby killing him; I will have to take the brunt of all that, i don't care taking my information else where" david said and made to stand up .

" OK, we do it 50-50... We share it equally...u take half, we take half" I said

" good, that offer is still better;" he said and relaxed

we talked about the operation, and he gave us the blue prints of the house concerning the exits , alarms and rooms., we gave him a number he can call us on, shaked hands with him and left.

Over the weeks we have talked together on phone and he had given us more updated details, he told us about the alarms all over the house, the best time to come, the little security detail making up of three policemen and one vigilante that guards the house..we had then devised a plan to get in and get out quickly without much fuss, we decided to enter wearing the costume of air conditioner operators, David would damage an air conditioner and would tell everyone in the house, he is calling the ac installing company, so that they can send their agents to repair it, this would give frank and Alex chance to enter and secretly deactivate the alarms, giving us the thumbs up , I and Jack would enter and neutralize the security detail..we don't have to worry about the policemen , frank had promised to give them intoxicating drinks to make them drunk but our worry is the vigilante, david told us about his efficiency having single handedly caught twenty four thieves ..no, we wouldn't add to his list of achievements, he either cooperates or he get wounded..I sincerely hope it won't get to that..I hope it won't.

" guys a lot of things can go wrong tonight, we will personally make sure it don't come  to that, we will follow rules accordingly" I said to the members of my guys watching me intently

" yes king, we got it" Alex said

"Frank have u arranged the costumes and machineries we are using tonight"

"Yes, they are ready to be used"

"Good.what of you Alex ? The getaway car? Hope it has no fault? You know if the getaway car brakes down, we are already dead".

"Smith, I personally test drive it..it is good , filled with petrol and ready to move"

" and guys, no shooting tonight unless it is only necessary, and when you shoot, don't aim at the deadly points..it should lead to injury not death; you get that?" I said directly facing jack.

" yea, yea, we get that" they all replied

"But this vigilante...I don't think he would cooperate, he is a hero over there, he has the trust of the Chief" alex said

"dont worry, I got it all covered" I said " but let's hope he won't try to be smart"

" yea.let's hope so; but I won't be taking shit this night" Jack said

"So David said, he will cut some wires in the ac by 9:00pm and would pretend to call the ac installing company around that time, so Alex , you and frank dressed up as ac operators would arrive at the scene by 9:45pm and disconnect the alarms ...I have shown you the blueprint of the house, am sure you have seen the major places in the house where the alarm wires were connected, jack , you would have been at the scene by 8:00pm and inform us of the various going ins and coming outs of the house, I would arrive with frank and Alex but will come to meet you in your hideout jack and by 10:00pm, we will go into the house together, where we will have our machineries in a big box, we d lie to the security detail that we bring the new ac for installation, before we neutralize them, they must think we come from the installation company before they pass out, I want the operation not to be longer than fourty five minutes, it all depends on the chief, let's hope he give us the right password to the safe on time " I said and continued " after getting the money, we get into the car which would have been parked outside and we zoom away at top speed, our next plans would be discussed in the car"

"Good..who will drive the car?" Frank asked

"You will drive the car" I replied " but I would bring the car to the scene, with Jack"

"Alright.. That is great"said frank

I checked my watch and found out it is 2;25pm , time to leave "guys I would be leaving now, frank,I will meet you and Alex in the hotel around 8:00pm..is that okay by you?"
"Yes..its good"

I stood up and said " I d say you should rest guys , so that you can be strong and sharp for tonight" they all nodded and I left the red room.

I went back to the bar but I didn't find Mandy and the girls there, Alice was still where I left her and that is all i care about.

"Alice I am back, I am sorry for keeping you waiting" I smiled and sat down
"
 oh no, don't be"she said in the gentle cool voice of hers

"So this is my plan dear, we go to your friend's house and pack all your belongings, then you come to live with me for the time being and I will set up a business for you , then you can save up and move into your house..how about that?"

"Oh thank you, "she was happy for a second but that sad look was back in her eyes again" but will your wife allow that?" She asked sadly

" no, I am.not married, you have no wife to contend with"I said and grinned
She smiled and said " thank you but why are you doing this for me? I am just a stranger you met today"

"Let's just say ever since I saw you, I don't want to let you go, I want to help you " I said

"Oh, I am grateful , thank you" she replied.

"dont mention..so what are we waiting
for, let's go" I said and stood up

She stood up with elegance and she looked like those beautiful models you would see on the cover of a magazine, as we walked out of the bar, I sensed men's eyes on her, she is truly an heart stopper.

"Well you aren't getting her men, she is my girl and I am in love" I thought and smiled.

(subscribe for latest updates)

*****
Will this operation determine their lives? Will smith's new found love affect his life? The stage is about to catch fire...it is getting hotter...you don't want to miss chapter 6.

(Don't forget to like our Facebook page)

Any suggestions? Additions? Corrections? You can use the comment box.

If you enjoyed this article,join thousands of others and get free email updates

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts